Dear Deep River Parents,
Here are your quick email points for Friday, March 24th, 2017. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TODAY IS AN EARLY RELEASE DAY FOR PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES. Attached to this email is:
· Information on the DRES “Camp – In” Event at the Spring Book Fair
· Information on the DRES “Tip-A-Teacher Event”
Also please be sure to look in our Virtual Backpack for information and flyers from the following community groups.
· Information for the Tri-Town Mother Daughter Night
· Camp Hazen Information
· Camp Shore Brochure
· Connecticut River Museum Information
· Maritime Education Network Information
· Deep River Elementary’s “Day of the Arts” will be this Monday, March 27th. Numerous artisans and presenters will be in the building that day working with students in grades K – 6. This is always an exciting day for all of us. Thanks to Ms. Carfi, Mrs. Grow and the DRES PTO for helping us organize this event!
· Yearbook order forms were sent home last week, and extra copies are available in the office. Online ordering is also available with a credit card at: YBPay.lifetouch.com and the Yearbook ID Code is 12339917. The deadline for ordering this year is April 7, 2017
· Please remember that Tuesday (3/28/17) and Wednesday (3/29/17) of next week will be our PTO’s Spring Book Fair. Wednesday will be our parent night with Dr. Ricci and Mrs. Flynn hosting our special “Camp-In” Event to promote reading. We hope to see you there!
· Attention Grade 5 Parents – Please remember that all Grade 5 students will be taking the Connecticut Mastery Science Test this coming Wednesday (3/29/17). Please be sure that they get a good night’s rest and we know that they will do great!
· This year’s Kindergarten Orientation Night will be on Thursday, March 30th at 6:30PM. This is a night for the adults of families whose children will be starting kindergarten next year. Please share this information with any friends or families in Deep River who may be enrolling their students in kindergarten next year.
· Parents, when your child is absent you must be sure to send in a note for their reason for absence. If we do not have this note we are required to code the absence as an unexcused absence.
· Due to the snow day last week school will now be in session on April 18th.
· Attention! Do you have a child who loves music, making friends and having fun? Consider a musical group who participates in parades, musters and special performances. The members get the opportunity to travel to historical areas and meet members of other groups, both youth and adult.
We welcome you to join the DEEP RIVER JUNIOR ANCIENT FIFE AND DRUM CORP. No experience necessary. We are a friendly group, oriented to youth ages 8-18 years old. The corp practices weekly at the Deep River Elementary school during the school year and at Platwood Park during the summer. At practice, the members work on marching skills and have individual and group lessons in fife, snare and bass drumming, as well as majoring.
Reach out to the Deep River Junior Ancient director, Lisa Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or check out the website www.drja.org- you may see a photo of someone you know!
· We will be hosting our Eleventh Annual Tip-a-Teacher Pasta Night on April 26th. A flyer with additional information is attached to this email.
· Please be sure to pay all unpaid lunch balances. We appreciate your support in helping to keep our negative lunch balances down.
· March 27th –DRES Day of the Arts
· March 28th and 29th – DRES Spring Book Fair
· March 29th – Grade 5 CMT Science Administration
· March 30th – Kindergarten Welcome Night: 6:30 PM in the DRES Gymnasium
· April 7th – Grades 3 and 4 to Ivoryton Playhouse
· April 7th – Early Dismissal Day – Teacher Professional Development
· April 10th – 14th - SPRING BREAK!!!
· April 17th – NO SCHOOL – Snowflake Day
· April 20th – Fire Fighter Phil Presentation: Grades K – 4: 9:30in the DRES Gymnasium
· April 25th – DRES Band Concert (2:00PM and 6:30PM Performances)
· April 26th – DRES “Tip-A-Teacher” Event
Thank you and have a great weekend!