In Kindergarten we focus on recognizing letters and sounds, recognizing rhyming words, producing rhyming words, clapping syllables, and recognizing sight words.
Daily reading for a minimum of 15 minutes a day is essential. As you read to your child ask them questions before, during, and after each story.
Here are some examples:
- What do you notice on the front cover of the story?
- What happened at the beginning/middle/end of the story?
- What was your favorite part of the story?
- What did this story make you think of?
- Who were the characters in the story?
- Where did the story take place?
- How did the problem in the story get solved?
Some websites to visit: